Great West Casualty Company is proud to announce the release of its new and improved Value-Driven™ Driving program! Over the past 10 years, they have helped support your driver training efforts by providing various versions of this program. Now they have made it even better. In response to your feedback, they have discontinued the old “stage” versions and completely redesigned the program.
THE NEW AND IMPROVED VALUE-DRIVEN™ DRIVING INCLUDES:
- Four new modules targeting the “Critical Crashes”
- Redesigned content using adult learning theories to improve comprehension and retention of the material
- High definition footage for improved picture quality
- Driver Notes to encourage note taking during the videos
- Written quiz/answer sheet to reinforce the content with viewers
- Interviews with America’s Road Team captains
- Early access to the new videos on the Learning Library
VALUE-DRIVEN™ DRIVING – CRITICAL CRASH MODULES INTRODUCTION TO VALUE-DRIVEN™ DRIVING
This segment introduces the “value-driven” concept to drivers by explaining the difference between values and priorities and how these impact the decisions made behind the wheel. Drivers are also introduced to the Essential 7 Driving Techniques.
MODULE 1 – PREVENTING REAR-END CRASHES
This module focuses on four factors that contribute to rear-end crashes: following distance, speed, distractions, and improper reaction by the driver. Drivers will learn how to calculate stopping distance, gauge proper following distance, eliminate distractions, and mentally practice reacting to hazards.
MODULE 2 – PREVENTING LOSS-OF-CONTROL CRASHES
This module focuses on four types of loss-of-control crashes: jackknifes, lane departures, rollovers, and steer tire blowouts. Drivers will learn about the factors that increase the risk of these crash types and how to prevent them using the Essential 7 Driving Techniques.
MODULE 3 – PREVENTING LANE CHANGE CRASHES
This module focuses on the loss factors that contribute to lane change crashes, including frequent lane changes, space management, poor planning, distractions, and following distance. Drivers will learn about the danger zones and blind spots around the truck and techniques to prevent a lane change crash.
MODULE 4 – PREVENTING RUN UNDER CRASHES
This module focuses on preventing side impact collisions, specifically when crossing divided highways, turning at intersections, and backing into facilities. The loss factors discussed include timing, failure to yield, night conspicuity, making U-turns, backing up across travel lanes, and trailer spacing. Drivers will learn how the Essential 7 Driving Techniques can be applied to avoid run under crashes and right-turn squeeze collisions.
SAFETY TRAINING AT YOUR FINGERTIPS!
Value-Driven™ Driving and over 100 additional safety videos are available on Great West’s Learning Library. Access is FREE to current insureds. All you need is an internet-ready device. To get started, follow the instructions below.
1. Click here to access the Great West Learning Library.
2. Enter your User Name. This will be your policy number (ex. GWP12345A).
3. Enter your Password. For first-time users, the password is: greatwest.
4. At the classroom page, select a safety topic and click on the link to launch the video.