Joe Morten & Son, Inc. began in 1936 in South Sioux City, Nebraska when Joseph A. Morten identified a unique business opportunity helping truckers navigate the new motor carrier regulations recently brought forth by both the federal government and the State of Nebraska. What began as a one-man operation rapidly expanded into a small company with multiple employees providing specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry while demonstrating outstanding customer service to the hundreds of truck drivers & trucking companies they served.
The success of Joe Morten & Son, Inc. was so exceptional that it led to the formation of Great West Casualty Company a mere twenty years later. Great West Casualty Company was formed to manage the operations of an insurance company overseeing departments such as underwriting and claims while Joe Morten & Son continued its mission of working directly with trucking companies providing the insurance products and services they needed.
Today, Joe Morten & Son is Great West Casualty Company’s largest agency representing 5,000 customers in 40 states producing $190 million in annual premium.
Joe Morten & Son, Inc has the following positions open. Please click on the links for more information and directions of how to apply.
Weekend On-Call Pilot
Are you looking to get your foot in the door with a company that offers full-time corporate pilot opportunities? Maybe you are looking to supplement your income or scale back and work a more relaxed schedule. Either way, Joe Morten & Son, Inc. has a great opportunity where you can achieve just that as a Weekend On-Call Pilot servicing our Bloomington, Indiana, location!
We operate our aviation department with the business philosophy; The Difference is Service® and expect a high level of service be provided to all passengers aboard our aircraft. You will interact with passengers while providing a pleasant environment, appropriately stocked amenities, and the smoothest possible flight conditions. We operate a CJ1+ with a two pilot crew.
In this position you will:
- Be available on-call with a full-time pilot to cover 1 to 2 weekends per month from approximately Friday at Noon until Sunday at 6 p.m.
- Provide safe and effective operation of the company aircraft in the transportation of claims adjusters, underwriters, safety representatives, and other staff.
- Support the captain as needed in determining and filing flight plans, conducting pre- and post-flight inspections, securing food, beverages, or other supplies for the trip, and maintaining a clean passenger compartment.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 1,500 hours total flight time including 500 hours of multi-engine experience.
- Jet turbine experience preferred.
- Commercial license, a multi-engine rating, instrument rating, and a class 2 flight physical.
Who we are:
Working together, Joe Morten & Son, Inc. and Great West Casualty Company provide specialized insurance products and services to thousands of truckers across the country. Our location in Bloomington, Indiana, features an exceptional staff who are consistently providing outstanding customer service to the trucking companies we serve. Our unique focus on the trucking industry allows us the opportunity to provide valuable insight and understanding to the variety of people we encounter every day. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Joe Morten & Son, Inc.
Customer Service Representative / Administrative Support
Location: Urbandale, Iowa
Small office environment with excellent corporate benefits!
Salary starting at $36,500+ (DOQ).
Position Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Are you interested in joining a stable company with a close-knit team of insurance professionals? Are you organized and do you enjoy working with others? Join our team as a Customer Service Representative/Administrative Support in our Urbandale, Iowa, office.
The primary purpose of this job is to provide office and sales support assistance for Account Representatives and insureds, to respond to insureds requests for information, services, quotes and permits/authority/licensing, and perform other clerical duties as assigned.
This is a career you should consider if you have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent with courses in office practice and computers.
- Progressive clerical experience with public contact.
- A willingness to obtain a Property & Casualty license within the first 90 days of employment. CIC, CISR, CPCU, INS series, AIS 25 or insurance pictorial/BYSIS coursework helpful.
Who we are:
Working together, Joe Morten & Son, Inc. and Great West Casualty Company provide specialized insurance products and services to thousands of truckers across the country. Our unique focus on the trucking industry allows us the opportunity to provide valuable insight and understanding to the variety of people we encounter every day. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A 37.5 hour work week.
- A formal management development program.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee , etc.).
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies.